Tuesday 30 October 2012

Influences

 'The Ring'
 

    My main influence for my film sequence is the 'killer video tape' from 'The Ring', 2002 directed by Gore Verbinski. The use of cinematography, editing and sound within this film clip is the style which I aim to use within my film sequence. My sequence will also be in black and white as this one is, however mine will include some minor colour. The use of shot transitions within this short film sequence is what I aim to replicate within my 3-5 minute film sequence. I am going to use similar background sound as I believe it gives a real haunting affect as part of this sequence and that is the affect I wish to achieve also. My short film sequence will also replicate the continuity this film sequence portrays.

'A Nightmare on Elm Street'
 

The sound used within 'A Nightmare on Elm Street', 1984, directed by Wes Craven, is what I have found influential when deciding how to produce my film sequence in relation to sound. Throughout the film young children can be heard singing a haunting song, '1 2 Freddy's coming for you, 3 4 better lock your door...' as this song is sang by young children I have realised this affect is more haunting than an adult singing. Therefore, within my film sequence I am going to use laughter from a young girl rather than an older character as I believe this will have a scarier affect.

As my film is of the horror genre, the  influences mentioned above are very helpful as they are all of the horror genre also, therefore allowing me to have a better understanding of what will be effective when producing my own film sequence.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment