Tuesday 30 October 2012

Aims and Context
The aim of my film 'Trespass' is to frighten and shock the audience by producing a film sequence from an imagined feature based upon the horror genre codes and conventions. The sequence from my film that I am going to produce is a nightmare that the protagonist is having where she witnesses a young ghostlike child running about her and her husband’s new house. The end of my sequence will show the protagonist waking up in an uncomfortable state to which she discovers the ghostlike child from her nightmare sat upon her bed. The audience are unaware that it is a nightmare until the end of the sequence but are able to guess through the use of the stylistics portrayed throughout the sequence.
I aim to create tension through the use of cinematography by using conventional camera techniques such as expressive camerawork which is not particularly naturally. The sound I will use will be high stringed to make the audience feel uncomfortable and tense. As well as this I will also use non-diegetic sounds such as heartbeats and laughter. I will also use quick shot transitions as part of the editing to build tension and attempt to frighten and shock the audience.
I aim to use conventional codes of the horror genre such as isolated settings and the use of ghosts as this will allow the audience to identify with what genre of film they are viewing.

To help decide what aims I should try and achieve from my chosen genre, I have being watching many horror films such as, 'The Ring', 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' and 'The Blair Witch Project'.

To summarise, the context of my production is a nightmare and the aim of the context, through the use of stylistics, is to shock and scare/frighten the audience through producing a horror genre based sequence. I believe through the use of stylistics I will achieve my aim of shocking and frightening the target audience which is mainstream; mainly those aged between 15 and 25. My chosen sequence develops the disruption within the narrative.

No comments:

Post a Comment