Wednesday 31 October 2012

Props



Clock: This clock will feature in my film for approximately 10 seconds and the ticking of the clock will be emphasised. The use of this prop is to add tension to my sequence as it is shown on screen for a lengthy amount of time leaving the audience thinking what is going to happen next. It is also to represent how time is irrelevant in nightmares.
Doll/s: Both of these dolls, together, are featured within
 my short film sequence because dolls are related to young children,
 especially young girls, which is the main focus of my short
 film sequence. Also, dolls can be seen as 'creepy' to some audiences,
especially with the use of editing, and as my film sequence is of the
 horror genre, the use of dolls emphasises this.
Balloon: This balloon will used for approximately 7 seconds
throughout my short film sequence as it will be shown travelling down the stairs. The reason I have chosen this particular prop is because balloons are often associated with children and as the main focus of my short film sequene is a child in the form of a ghost, this prop emphasises this focus.



Doll's House: The use of a doll house will be featured a number of times throughout my film sequence because, like many other of my props, it is usually related to  young children, especially young girls. So again, this prop emphasises the focus of my short film sequence as well as emphasising the genre of my horror with the correct use of editing. 



Slide: This prop will feature once within my short film sequence for approximately 5 seconds. It will be used to emphasise the child within my sequence as it is a very child related prop. So, this prop emphasises the focus of my entire film.

No comments:

Post a Comment